Happy New Year! With 2011 well and truly finished, the year kicks off with 12 social media statistics coming from this infographic by Mediabistro.
1) B2C Facebook results are 30% above average on a Sunday
2) 56% of consumers say they are more likely to recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook
3) 77% of consumers have interacted with brands through reading posts and updates
4) 95% of Facebook posts are not answered by brands
5) 34% of marketers have generated leads from Twitter
6) Tweets last up to 67 times longer for users with higher Klout scores
7) 92% cite interesting content as a reason for retweeting
8) 43% of all online consumers are social media fans or followers
9) Over half (55%) of Twitter users access the site via mobile
10) Social media use is rising- In 2010 61% of adults used social networking sites, this increased to 65% in 2011
11) The mean half-life of a link on Twitter is 2.8 hours
12) Most worryingly – Out of the 6 billion people on the planet 4.8 billion have a mobile and only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush!